Let’s cut to the chase, okay?
Since this is a multi-functional website – I am a writer for hire as well as a Person Who Blogs – I have included two About Me descriptions. Choose your poison.
Here is the serious one. It’s so Linked In.
- Writer whose work has appeared in Crain’s Detroit Business, Michigan Prime, Metro Parent, X-ology, Detroit Jewish News, Neighborhood SEEN, Michigan College Guide, Christian Science Monitor, Patch, Metro You, Cornerstone Schools newsletters and numerous other publications
- Interview and research skills honed through feature and advertorial writing
- Types of published pieces include features, essays, columns, website content, advertorials, newsletters, people profiles and business profiles
- Client relationship, project management and analytical skills developed through over 15 years of corporate experience
- Bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University
And here is the fun one.
I joined a swim team when I was eleven, and promptly quit. But not before I took second place in backstroke. Quite impressed with myself, to this day! I don’t care that it was with the B-team.
Bought a pair of saddle-shoes when they came back in style for a day or two in the ’70s; baby-sat my way through the teen-aged years to earn money for clothes, and later, college. Although by then I’d made the successful transition to a career in table bussing. Eventually, I graduated college, got a job, got married, had kids, balanced a long-time career as a cubicle dweller with child-rearing, laundry and an addiction to ABC’s Lost.
After my cubicle-dwelling years came to a close, I turned to writing. Not that I hadn’t written before. I had…on the side. But now, I write full-time.
For those who care about credentials, I graduated from Michigan State University way before Starbucks became anyone’s home away from home. And for those really in love with credentials, here is a list of publications in which I have appeared: Michigan Prime, Crain’s Detroit Business, Michigan College Guide, Detroit Jewish News, The Christian Science Monitor, MetroParent, X-ology, Neighborhood SEEN, My MetroYou, Western New York Family, the former Strut Magazine, Birmingham Patch, Examiner, Windsor Parent, Observer-Eccentric Newspapers, Detroit Free Press editorial section (for which I received a coffee mug) and the Detroit News Homestyle section (for which I received a hard copy book on the art of French cooking).
If you’re feeling ambitious, I was featured on a fellow writer’s blog. Kind of explains it all. Click on the link below.